mahout-user mailing list archives

From Hi There <srudamas...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Mahout and Hadoop 2.2.0
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2013 19:40:22 GMT
Hi Gokhan,

My project currently fetches every dependency through Maven--is there any way I can grab the
version you mentioned that way?

In that vein, I am using the following version of hadoop:
<dependency>
        <groupId>org.apache.hadoop</groupId>
        <artifactId>hadoop-client</artifactId>
        <version>2.2.0</version>
</dependency>

That's not alpha, right?

Thanks!

On Monday, December 9, 2013 10:05 AM, Gokhan Capan <gkhncpn@gmail.com> wrote:

Mahout actually should work with hadoop-2 stable without recompiling,
not with hadoop-2 alpha though.

We're, by the way, currently in the process of adding support to build
mahout with hadoop-2.

Please see mahout-1354 for the relevant issue

Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 9, 2013, at 19:54, Hi There <srudamaster@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Is Dec 2013 still the intended release date of the next mahout release that will be compatible
with Hadoop 2.2.0?

> On Thursday, November 21, 2013 12:36 PM, Suneel Marthi <suneel_marthi@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Targeted for Dec 2013.
>

> On Thursday, November 21, 2013 3:26 PM, Hi There <srudamaster@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks for the reply! Is there a timeline for then the next release will be?
>

> Thanks,
> Victor
>

> On Tuesday, November 19, 2013 7:30 PM, Suneel Marthi <suneel_marthi@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Hi Victor,
>
> Future releases of Mahout will support Hadoop 2.x, the present codebase still only supports
Hadoop 1.x.