mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sebastian Schelter <ssc.o...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Mahout and Hadoop 2.2.0
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2013 19:01:23 GMT
I think there are still parts of the code (e.g. in DistributedRowMatrix)
that use the old API.

--sebastian

On 11.12.2013 19:56, Suneel Marthi wrote:
> Mahout is using the newer mapreduce API and not the older mapred API.
> Was that what u were looking for?
>

> On Wednesday, December 11, 2013 1:53 PM, Zoltan Prekopcsak <preko1984@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Gokhan,
>
> Thank you for the clarification.
> Does it mean that Mahout is using the mapred API everywhere and there is
> no mapreduce API left? As far as I know, the mapreduce API needs to be
> recompiled and I remember needing to recompile Mahout for CDH4 when it
> first came out.
>
> Thanks, Zoltan
>

> On 12/10/13 10:02 PM, Gokhan Capan wrote:
>> I meant that you shouldn't need to modify mahout's dependencies, just mvn package
and it should work against hadoop 2.2.0 (Yeah, 2.2.0 is not alpha)

>> Quoting from http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/hadoop-mapreduce-client/hadoop-mapreduce-client-core/MapReduce_Compatibility_Hadoop1_Hadoop2.html
>> "First, we ensure binary compatibility to the applications that use old mapred APIs.
This means that applications which were built against MRv1 mapred APIs can run directly on
YARN without recompilation, merely by pointing them to an Apache Hadoop 2.x cluster via configuration."

>> If you encounter with any problems, just let the list know.
>>
>> Best
>>

>>> On Dec 9, 2013, at 9:40 PM, Hi There <srudamaster@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Gokhan,
>>>
>>> My project currently fetches every dependency through Maven--is there any way
I can grab the version you mentioned that way?

>>> In that vein, I am using the following version of hadoop:
>>> <dependency>
>>>          <groupId>org.apache.hadoop</groupId>
>>>          <artifactId>hadoop-client</artifactId>
>>>          <version>2.2.0</version>
>>> </dependency>
>>>

>>> That's not alpha, right?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>

>>> On Monday, December 9, 2013 10:05 AM, Gokhan Capan <gkhncpn@gmail.com>
wrote:

>>> Mahout actually should work with hadoop-2 stable without recompiling,
>>> not with hadoop-2 alpha though.
>>>
>>> We're, by the way, currently in the process of adding support to build
>>> mahout with hadoop-2.
>>>
>>> Please see mahout-1354 for the relevant issue
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone

will be compatible with Hadoop 2.2.0?

with the newest hadoop release?