mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sameer Tilak <ssti...@live.com>
Subject K-means clustering: clusterdump
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2013 20:14:28 GMT
Hi,

 I am running K-means clustering following the script on Wiki:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/75159/quickstart-kmeans.sh?version=2&modificationDate=1286718326000

Looks like with the newer version of Mahout the commandline options have changed. For example
I get the following message when I use -s with clusterdump. If that is correct, may be the
online documentation needs to be updated.

/mahout clusterdump -s /scratch/kmeans/clusters-*-final -d  /scratch/VectorizedOutputSparce/dictionary.file-0
-dt sequencefile -b 100 -n 20
MAHOUT_LOCAL is not set; adding HADOOP_CONF_DIR to classpath.
Warning: $HADOOP_HOME is deprecated.

Running on hadoop, using /users/p529444/software/hadoop-1.0.3/bin/hadoop and HADOOP_CONF_DIR=/apps/hadoop/hadoop-conf
MAHOUT-JOB: /apps/mahout/trunk/examples/target/mahout-examples-0.9-SNAPSHOT-job.jar
Warning: $HADOOP_HOME is deprecated.

13/12/12 12:05:02 ERROR common.AbstractJob: Unexpected -s while processing Job-Specific Options:
Unexpected -s while processing Job-Specific Options: