mahout-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Popularity of recommender items
Date Sun, 09 Feb 2014 03:19:49 GMT
I have different opinions about each piece.

I think that cross recommendation is as core as RowSimilarityJob and should
be a parallel implementation or integrated.  Parallel is probably easier.
 It is even plausible to have a version of RowSimilarityJob that doesn't
support all the different distance measures but does support multiple cross
and direct processing using LLR or related cooccurrence based measures.  It
would be very cool if a single pass over the data could do many kinds of co
or cross occurrence operations.

For dithering, it really is post processing.  That said, it is also the
single largest improvement that anybody typically gets when testing
different options so it is a bit goofy to not have good support for some
kinds of dithering.

For Thompson sampled recommenders, I am not sure where to start hacking on
our current code.