mahout-user mailing list archives

From "Martin, Nick" <NiMar...@pssd.com>
Subject RE: Documentation, Documentation, Documentation
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2014 13:49:32 GMT
Drafted a little intro to the item based rec and dropped it in the comments for 1445. Aimed
to include some examples of the variety of things one can do with the algo and hopefully enough
info that someone hitting the page could get a feel for what they can potentially accomplish
before diving directly into the 'guts' of the workflow/config options, etc.

Happy to take edits, saw there was another submission a bit ahead of mine this morning so
not sure how that gets resolved.

Anyways, maybe this can get us closer on cleanup!

-----Original Message-----
From: Sebastian Schelter [mailto:ssc@apache.org]
Sent: Sunday, April 13, 2014 7:49 AM
To: user@mahout.apache.org; dev@mahout.apache.org
Subject: Documentation, Documentation, Documentation

Hi,

this is another reminder that we still have to finish our documentation improvements! The
website looks shiny now and there have been lots of discussions about new directions but we
still have some work todo in cleaning up webpages. We should especially make sure that the
examples work.

Please help with that, anyone who is willing to sacrifice some time, go through a website
and try out the steps described is of great help to the project. It would also be awesome
to get some help in creating a few new pages, especially for the recommenders.

Here's the list of documentation related jira's for 1.0:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAHOUT-1441?jql=project%20%3D%20MAHOUT%20AND%20component%20%3D%20Documentation%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20ORDER%20BY%20due%20ASC%2C%20priority%20DESC%2C%20created%20ASC

Best,
Sebastian