mahout-user mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: Is it possible to deploy a Mahout classifier online?
Date Sun, 04 May 2014 06:28:17 GMT
Any particular reason why not writing your own webapp and
deploying/running it on something like linode?

Thanks

Michael

Am 04.05.14 03:22, schrieb Kelli Brown:
> Hi folks,
>
> I've been training a simple Naive Bayes classifier using Mahout version 0.5. It's working
fine through the command line (Cygwin), but I'd really like to make a more interactive/user-friendly
version. I'm hoping I can host the classifier on a simple website, where a visitor could submit
some text to the classifier through a text box or form and receive a string of output in return.
I've been searching for ways to do this through .NET (or otherwise), but I haven't found anything
useful. The closest thing I've been able to find is this article (http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/620717/Building-A-Recommendation-Engine-Machine-Learning),
but it's designed for command line interaction with a Hadoop cluster, not for text through
a simple website.

> Does anyone know of a good way to host and interact with a Mahout classifier through
a simple website? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!