mahout-user mailing list archives

From Najum Ali <naju...@googlemail.com>
Subject Review my CachingItemRecommender
Date Sat, 03 May 2014 23:57:07 GMT
Hi guys,

i wanted to use an ItemBasedRecommender with CachingRecommender without loosing my recommendedBecause
or mostSimilarItems functionality.

Therefore I implemented a CachingItemRecommender which is pretty much the org.apache.mahout.cf.taste.impl.recommender.CachingRecommender,
but contains features like recommendedBecause or mostSimilarItems, as it implements the ItemBasedRecommender
Interface.

This CachingItemRecommender delegates any method calls to  #recommendedBecause or #mostSimilarItems
methods to the wrapped ItemBasedRecommender.

I hosted this file as a Github Gist: https://gist.github.com/gedankennebel/36cde4484bfb851a1691

Hope you like it!

Regards
Najum