mahout-user mailing list archives

From "Botelho, Andrew" <Andrew.Bote...@emc.com>
Subject Dataset object storeWritable
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2014 19:08:30 GMT
I recently upgraded my Mahout version to 0.9, and now my Random Forest project that I was running
on Mahout 0.7 does not compile anymore.
There is only one line that throws an error now - this one:

DFUtils.storeWritable(conf, datasetPath, dataset);

Where conf is a Configuration object, datasetPath is a Path object, and dataset is a Dataset
object.  The error says that storeWritable() must now take a Writable object as the third
argument, not a Dataset object.  The Dataset object represents "the dataset structure file
from the training data."

Is there a way to convert a Dataset object to a Writable, or maybe a different way to go about
storing this Dataset object into HDFS?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Andrew Botelho
Intern