mahout-user mailing list archives

From Pat Ferrel <pat.fer...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RowSimilarityJob with sparse matrix skips rows
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2014 00:00:30 GMT
I think the default is 1 per user but as Ted said, this will give no cooccurrences—hmm, not
sure why the default isn’t 2.

A DRM can have all zero rows so there is no min for the data structure, the min you are setting
is for the algo, in this case rowsimilarity.

Using the solr approach (sorry I haven’t read this whole thread) uses an indicator matrix
that will be 600x600 and is as good as the data you have. Then you use the current user’s
history as the solr query on the indexed indicator matrix. If the current user has good history
data the recs may be OK.

I’ve done some work looking at using other actions like views + purchases and treating them
all the same but for the data we used the quality of recs did not improve very much at all.
But data varies...

There is another technique--call it cross-cooccurrence--where you use purchases to find important
views and then treat them all the same.
This may give you much more data to work with but requires that you write a lot more code.
We are working on a version of RSJ and itemsimilarity that does this for you but it’s not
quite ready yet.

I think the other method Ted is talking about is ALS-WR, which is a latent factor method that
may help. The CLI is recommendfactorized