mahout-user mailing list archives

From Bojan Kostić <blood9ra...@gmail.com>
Subject Streaming kmeans question
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2014 09:10:24 GMT
Hallo,

As is see it from examples, streamingkmeans creates Centroids for clusters.
And my question is who can use those centorids? Is there a way to pass them
to kmeans for clustering?
In past i used canopy and then kmeans.
I searched user lists, and mahout jira. And i could not find any clue.
There are some other users who had same questions but no answer are given.
I can see that there is BallKMeans in source code and it is used
in StreamingKMeansReducer:getBestCentroids. But i cant figure out where is
the actual clustering of data.

What am i missing?

I am playing with mahout 0.9 and mahout trunk.

Best regards.

Bojan Kostić