mahout-user mailing list archives

From parnab kumar <parnab.2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help for Grouping similar items together. Clustering/Classification problem?
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2014 19:59:37 GMT
Hi,

     For only 1.5 million items, I feel employing mahout is not required.
Any other machine learning software like, weka should be enough.
Next, I see you have only 2 attributes -  id and name. Unless these are
compounded with additional features no classifier or clustering algorithm
will work.

Try using some external knowledge like Wikipedia  or even first 10 result
snippets from a standard search engine to gather  additional attributes in
form of description.

Thanks,
Parnab