mahout-user mailing list archives

From "Pasmanik, Paul" <Paul.Pasma...@danteinc.com>
Subject Question about choice of a recommender
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2014 21:40:01 GMT
Hi, I am trying to figure out what recommender or a combination of other techniques to use.
I have a system where a user is presented with a list of pre-defined (max 50 products) when
he/she is viewing a video clip from a finite (not huge) set.    The relationship between video
clip and what products to show is statically defined and can change from time to time.   We
collect clicks and resulting buys for these products.   What we are trying to do is to come
up with the recommender engine that would display top 4-5 products that a user would most
likely click on and possibly buy (limited to the pre-defined list of up to 50 or so products
for that particular video clip).
We can think of a set of these pre-defined products as a category, but a product can appear
in multiple categories.

What would be the best approach?

Thanks.

The information contained in this electronic transmission is intended only for the use of
the recipient and may be confidential and privileged. Unauthorized use, disclosure, or reproduction
is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this electronic transmission
in error, please notify the sender immediately.