mahout-user mailing list archives

From Pat Ferrel <...@occamsmachete.com>
Subject Re: User based recommender
Date Sun, 07 Dec 2014 16:26:54 GMT
To use cross-recommendations with multiple actions you may be able to get away with using the
pre-packaged command line job “spark-itemsimilarity". At one point you said you were more
interested in the Mahout Hadoop Mapreduce recommender, which cannot create these cross-recommendations.

I don’t see any need to use the interactive Mahout or Spark shell. Calling Scala from Java
is pretty complex so I’d recommend starting from the running driver so you have a base of
Scala code to start from. Calling Java from Scala is dead simple, it’s done throughout Mahout
code. This should help make Scala a little less daunting. I use IntelliJ and there should
be no problem using Eclipse in the same manner.