mahout-user mailing list archives

From Pat Ferrel <...@occamsmachete.com>
Subject Re: User based recommender
Date Sat, 06 Dec 2014 20:07:18 GMT
You can often think of or re-phase a piece of data (a column in your interaction data) as an
action, like “being at a location”. Then use cross-cooccurrence to calculate a cross-indicator.
So the location can be used to recommend purchases.

If you do this, the location should be something that can have cooccurrence, so instead of
lat-lon some part of an address. Maybe country+postal-code would be good. Something unique
that identifies a location where other users can be.