mahout-user mailing list archives

From Pat Ferrel <...@occamsmachete.com>
Subject Re: Regression using MapReduce
Date Mon, 01 Jun 2015 19:01:40 GMT
There is a menu full of references starting here: http://mahout.apache.org/users/sparkbindings/home.html

Mahout-Samsara is a Linear Algebra DSL written as an extension of Scala that includes most
of the R-Like primitives you need. As opposed to MLlib, which has a good number of algorithms
but lacks the generality. They both run on Spark and can be combined in your own code.

The Linear Regression Ted mentions is in Hadoop MapReduce and so is not a good starting point
code-wise.