mahout-user mailing list archives

From Parimi Rohit <rohit.par...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem Starting Spark Shell
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2015 22:08:50 GMT
Hi All,

I am trying to start the spark shell and follow instruction on the
following page:

http://mahout.apache.org/users/sparkbindings/play-with-shell.html

I installed spark and created the spark-env.sh file with the following
content.

export SPARK_LOCAL_IP=localhost

export SPARK_MASTER_IP=localhost

export SPARK_MASTER_PORT=7077

export SPARK_WORKER_CORES=2

export SPARK_WORKER_MEMORY=2g

export SPARK_WORKER_INSTANCES=2

Also, I added the following variables to my profile file:

export MAHOUT_HOME=$HOME/Documents/Softwares/Mahout_Master/mahout/

export SPARK_HOME=$HOME/Documents/Softwares/spark-1.1.1/

export MASTER=spark://localhost:7077

However, when I start the spark shell using the command:

bin/mahout spark-shell

I get a long error message related to connection failed (google drive link
to error file) for an ip address. I am not sure where it is getting the ip
address and how to force it to use localhost instead of the ip address. Any
help is much appreciated

Thanks,
Rohit

​