mahout-user mailing list archives

From Ankit Goel <ankitgoel2...@gmail.com>
Subject Mahout on the cloud
Date Thu, 23 Jul 2015 00:53:04 GMT
Hi,
After my runs on my lappy, I'm ready to port my work to the cloud. Planning
to use Amazon. One thing I noticed when I started with mahout, that there
were a lot of things unsaid on the site/wiki and took me a lot of time to
figure out. Pitfalls if I may call them. I will primarily be using
clustering on the cloud, so the code to accept new data and run it is what
I have for now.

So before I port to the cloud, are there any things I should beware of or
lookout for? Like is AWS fine with mahout? Are there any configurations I
should remember? Any advice on implementation to ease my transition and run
mahout 24hrs? Thanks

--
Regards,
Ankit Goel