mahout-user mailing list archives

From David Starina <david.star...@gmail.com>
Subject Running Mahout on Hadoop cluster
Date Mon, 08 Feb 2016 16:02:09 GMT
Hi,

I am not sure why I can not find the info I am looking for online, probably
not searching in the right way, so I am hoping you guys will be able to
point me in the right direction.

I have set up a Mahout project in IntelliJ IDEA on my machine. I created a
class extending AbstractJob to run some MapReduce code. I have a remote
Hadoop cluster (actually two virtual machines to simulate remote cluster)
with Mahout installed.

How do I build/pack my custom class to run it on the remote cluster using
the remotely installed Mahout libraries? Or should I not use the remote
libraries and should all dependancies be packed and distributed together?

Thank you for any suggestions.

David