mahout-user mailing list archives

From FRANCISCO XAVIER SUMBA TORAL <xavier.sumb...@ucuenca.ec>
Subject Re: Clustering options
Date Tue, 24 May 2016 16:14:44 GMT

Actually, I was confused between MLlib and Samsara, thanks Pat. I was already reading the
documentation of MLlib.

Cheers.

> On May 24, 2016, at 10:48, Pat Ferrel <pat@occamsmachete.com> wrote:
>
> Mahout Samsara is more about rolling your own algo, though it has already implemented
several as examples. If you want to build your own clustering you will find a lot of what
you need in the R-like DSL.

> But if you want something already built you may want to look at Spark’s MLlib kmeans.
>
> People often ask; what is the difference between Mahout and MLlib? MLlib is a collection
of algos, Mahout is an optimized tensor math engine with many extensions and several algos.
You can’t do the matrix A’B in MLlib because it’s not an algo, it’s a bit of math—a
very useful bit.