mahout-user mailing list archives

From Isabel Drost-Fromm <isa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Marketing
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2017 23:03:31 GMT
That is an awesome second interpretation.

Having voted on the original name I'm 100% biased so take my opinion with a huge grain of
salt: on the one hand I think name changes are over rated (anyone remember ethereal?), on
the other hand IMHO Mahout is a fairly strong brand representing machine learning at scale.

Maybe a combination of any of a new logo, design, documentation, release that drops the zero
in "0.x.y", a press release for that release that Sally can help you with, a new front page
that publishes the new focus of development, maybe a few snippets on that shift in focus that
editors can use, dropping deprecated code would already go a long way... Just some random
ideas.

Isabel