manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From <karl.wri...@nokia.com>
Subject RE: Solr and LCF security at query time
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2010 11:34:31 GMT

Thanks,
Karl
________________________________
From: ext Dominique Bejean [mailto:dominique.bejean@eolya.fr]
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 5:06 AM
To: connectors-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Solr and LCF security at query time

Hi,

I don't see in LCF wiki how Solr and LCF works together at query time in order to remove from
the result list the items the user is not allowed to access.

In http://cwiki.apache.org/CONNECTORS/lucene-connectors-framework-concepts.html, I just see
these sentences :

" Once all these documents and their access tokens are handed to the search engine, it is
the search engine's job to enforce security by excluding inappropriate documents from the
search results. For Lucene, this infrastructure is expected to be built on top of Lucene's
generic metadata abilities, but has not been implemented at this time."

I am not sure to understand. Does this mean that for the moment, it is not possible for Solr
to apply security by using an Authority Connector ?

Dominique