manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From <karl.wri...@nokia.com>
Subject RE: Modifying Sharepoint Connector
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2010 04:58:14 GMT
You can also submit a patch as an attachment to the ticket, if you have one.  Bear in mind
that you will need to come up with the diff using "svn diff", based on the current version
of trunk.  Also, please note that in all the other connectors that support this feature, somewhere
on a job's "Metadata" tab there is a place for two additional pieces of information:  the
name of the metadata item to use, and a list of "path value-> metadata value" mappings
to use in extracting appropriate metadata values from a document's path.  I suggest taking
the code from one of these connectors rather than inventing it all yourself.

If this sounds like too much work, by all means create your own fix and leave the ticket in
place for someone to work on in the future.

Thanks,
Karl

From: ext Rohan.GPatil@cognizant.com [Rohan.GPatil@cognizant.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 2010 12:48 AM
To: Wright Karl (Nokia-MS/Cambridge)
Subject: RE: Modifying Sharepoint Connector

Hi,

Hmmm.. Okay I will raise a jira ticket.

The idea was to categorize the files for faceted search in Solr. I am not able to figure out
other means of categorizing files, other than based on the folder structure.

Thanks & Regards,
Rohan G Patil
Cognizant  Programmer Analyst Trainee,Bangalore || Mob # +91 9535577001
Rohan.GPatil@cognizant.com<mailto:Rohan.GPatil@cognizant.com>