manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems while indexing Jira/ and an other problem
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2010 11:11:23 GMT
Hi,
I think you should open a JIRA ticket for the Windows Share connector.
 It sounds like the javascript for handling the insert link might be
broken in the UI.

As for the web session login, the MCF crawler of course handles
cookies - that is a major piece of session authentication.  The
question is whether it is recording the cookie set that happens as a
result of the login sequence.  What you want to be sure of is that all
the parts of the login, including the final redirection back to the
content page, are considered part of the login sequence.  You also
want to be sure that you don't use as your seed URL the login page
itself, because then there is no place to resume when the login is
done.  Instead you want a seed which is the root or home page.  If
login is mandatory, then presumably there would be a redirection that
takes you to the login page.  That redirection should *also* be part
of the login sequence.
In short, the login sequence needs to cover every fetch that isn't
actual indexable content.  The cookies that are set at the end of that
sequence are what will be retained for all subsequent fetches from the
protected area of the site that you specify with your url regular
expression.

Hope this helps.

Karl

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 6:59 AM, Fred Schmitt <fredschmitt83@web.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to index a jira system and have some problems.
>
> I am using a Web Connector and my Seed is the login page. It seems that the log in process
works.
> But when i fetch and index the next page, to which the login page redirects, I'm not
logged in any more.
> Here is a extract of my job history.
>
> Start                Time                   Activity          Identifier
                      Result Code    Bytes      Time
> 10-12-2010     14:52:56.735     end logon     http://.../jira/login.jsp
   OK                 0         1
> 10-12-2010     14:52:56.720     fetch             http://.../jira/login.jsp
         302               0         16
> 10-12-2010     14:52:56.704     begin logon  http://.../jira/login.jsp
   OK                 0         1
> 10-12-2010     14:52:56.674     fetch             http://.../jira/login.jsp
         200             5702     15
> 10-12-2010     14:52:54.423     job start       1285328088067(jira)
                       0         1

> Jira login is based on Cookies but I haven't found a way to control cookies manual in
MCF.
> I have found out that MCF could supports cookies.
> So is it possible to control and set cookies or how could i manage that it stays logged
in?

> thoughts:
> I have found out that Jira is also based on the Lucene core like Solr where mit Output
Connection is pointed at.