manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Erlend Garåsen <e.f.gara...@usit.uio.no>
Subject Re: Running ManifoldCF on Resin
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2011 15:17:37 GMT

You're right! I didn't read the command section in the documentation
properly. ManifoldCF does also run on Resin now. The only problem with
Resin is that the necessary resources, such as CSS, are not loaded. All
the other errors have disappeared, which means that it should be
possible to run the application on Resin.

Do you think I should create a ticket about running an external
PostgreSQL database as well? I think I know which classes to modify. I
see there are classes for MySQL as well, so perhaps the issue should be
generally, i.e. not PG specific.

I was thinking about extending the property list like this:
org.apache.manifoldcf.database.hostname (not required, defaults to
localhost)
org.apache.manifoldcf.database.ssl (not required, defaults to false)

For PostgreSQL I think it should be quite easy to implement this, but
I'm not sure when it comes to MySQL. Haven't touched that database
system for years.

Erlend

On 04.02.11 15.42, Karl Wright wrote:
> Ok, have you followed the instructions for a multi-process
> installation in how-to-build-and-deploy.html?
> You will need to create the database (using DBCreate), and install the
> schema (using Install), and register the crawler agent (using
> Register).  You will also need to create the properties.xml and
> logging.ini files by hand.
>
> Let me know if this helps.
> Karl
>
> On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 9:35 AM, Erlend Garåsen<e.f.garasen@usit.uio.no>  wrote:
>>
>> I guess the problem is that the database does not exist. When I installed it
>> on Tomcat, I got an error message telling me that the schema TEST does not
>> exist. I tried to build the database with the username and password "test"
>> by the following command:
>> ./processes/script/executecommand.sh org.apache.manifoldcf.core.DBCreate
>> test test
>>
>> And I also configured these two lines in my properties.xml file:
>>   <property name="org.apache.manifoldcf.database.username" value="test"/>
>>   <property name="org.apache.manifoldcf.database.password" value="test"/>
>>
>> I'm using the Derby database since I cannot see how I could contact an
>> external PostgreSQL server on another host. PG is one of several database
>> systems the university supports. I guess there should be an option for
>> configuring external hosts and optionally turn on SSL encryption. Maybe
>> another ticket to create.
>>
>> But first I want to run ManifoldCF on Tomcat using Derby, then deploy it on
>> Resin and then try to configure an external PostgreSQL server.
>>
>> Erlend
>>

>> On 03.02.11 16.32, Karl Wright wrote:
>>>
>>> Sure, if you want, create a ticket, and see if you can figure out what
>>> the problems are.  I'd start with not being able to reach the
>>> stylesheet, actually.  The "redirection" error sound like the crawler
>>> UI is trying to present an error and resin is handling one of the java
>>> standard tags in a non-standard way.
>>>
>>> Karl

VIP: