manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Running ManifoldCF on Resin
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2011 14:42:55 GMT
Ok, have you followed the instructions for a multi-process
installation in how-to-build-and-deploy.html?
You will need to create the database (using DBCreate), and install the
schema (using Install), and register the crawler agent (using
Register).  You will also need to create the properties.xml and
logging.ini files by hand.

Let me know if this helps.
Karl

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 9:35 AM, Erlend Garåsen <e.f.garasen@usit.uio.no> wrote:

> I guess the problem is that the database does not exist. When I installed it
> on Tomcat, I got an error message telling me that the schema TEST does not
> exist. I tried to build the database with the username and password "test"
> by the following command:
> ./processes/script/executecommand.sh org.apache.manifoldcf.core.DBCreate
> test test
>
> And I also configured these two lines in my properties.xml file:
>  <property name="org.apache.manifoldcf.database.username" value="test"/>
>  <property name="org.apache.manifoldcf.database.password" value="test"/>
>
> I'm using the Derby database since I cannot see how I could contact an
> external PostgreSQL server on another host. PG is one of several database
> systems the university supports. I guess there should be an option for
> configuring external hosts and optionally turn on SSL encryption. Maybe
> another ticket to create.
>
> But first I want to run ManifoldCF on Tomcat using Derby, then deploy it on
> Resin and then try to configure an external PostgreSQL server.
>
> Erlend
>

> On 03.02.11 16.32, Karl Wright wrote:
>>
>> Sure, if you want, create a ticket, and see if you can figure out what
>> the problems are.  I'd start with not being able to reach the
>> stylesheet, actually.  The "redirection" error sound like the crawler
>> UI is trying to present an error and resin is handling one of the java
>> standard tags in a non-standard way.
>>
>> Karl
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 10:28 AM, Erlend Garåsen<e.f.garasen@usit.uio.no>
>>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Resin is de facto application server at the university, but we also
>>> support
>>> Tomcat.
>>>
>>> I can try to deploy the war files on Tomcat instead. The error message
>>> comes
>>> from Resin, probably caused by a redirect after the http header is