manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Running ManifoldCF on Resin
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2011 15:32:42 GMT
Sure, if you want, create a ticket, and see if you can figure out what
the problems are.  I'd start with not being able to reach the
stylesheet, actually.  The "redirection" error sound like the crawler
UI is trying to present an error and resin is handling one of the java
standard tags in a non-standard way.

Karl

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 10:28 AM, Erlend Garåsen <e.f.garasen@usit.uio.no> wrote:

> Resin is de facto application server at the university, but we also support
> Tomcat.
>
> I can try to deploy the war files on Tomcat instead. The error message comes
> from Resin, probably caused by a redirect after the http header is written.
> I can notify you, eventually create a patch, if I manage to run ManifoldCF
> on Resin.
>
> Erlend
>
> On 03.02.11 16.16, Karl Wright wrote:
>>
>> I have never tried this on Resin, just on Tomcat and Jetty.  Clearly
>> Resin as an application server is having difficulty doing some very
>> basic stuff.
>>
>> FWIW, when we first started the Jetty development, I had to do nothing
>> whatsoever to the crawler UI or the war packaging to make it work.  It
>> just worked.  Your experiences with Resin are making me wonder if
>> Resin is indeed working up to Java standards.
>>
>> Karl
>>

>> On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 9:31 AM, Erlend Garåsen<e.f.garasen@usit.uio.no>
>>  wrote:
>>>
>>> I have placed the three war files into Resin's webapps directory and set
>>> the
>>> following system variable inside resin.xml:
>>>
>>> <system-property
>>>
>>> org.apache.manifoldcf.configfile="/Users/erlendfg/apps/manifoldcf/properties.xml"
>>> />
>>>
>>> I have also created my own home directory for ManifoldCF and copied the
>>> necessary files from the example directory. When I start Resin and goes
>>> ... mcf-crawler-ui/, the start page shows up, but the page looks ugly (I
>>> guess the path to CSS files etc. are broken). And when I try to click on
>>> link, e.g. "List Output Connections", I get the following error:
>>> java.lang.IllegalStateException: can't forward after writing HTTP headers
>>>
>>> I find nothing in manifoldcf.log.
>>>
>>> BTW: PostgreSQL is not configured. I will start using Derby until it runs
>>> stable on Resin.

>>> --
>>> Erlend Garåsen
>>> Center for Information Technology Services
>>> University of Oslo
>>> P.O. Box 1086 Blindern, N-0317 OSLO, Norway
>>> Ph: (+47) 22840193, Fax: (+47) 22852970, Mobile: (+47) 91380968, VIP: