manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HTTPS for communication between MCF and Solr
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2011 07:37:02 GMT
The Solr connector does not currently support https.  But adding this
functionality is not very hard.  If this is functionality you are
looking for, could you create a ticket in Jira?
https://issues.apache.org

ManifoldCF is unusual in that each connection that supports SSL has
its own trust store.  There's support in the ManifoldCF core classes
for such trust stores, which makes it pretty straightforward.  The
trickiest part of the whole thing is adding support for your trust
certs to the connector's UI, and for that there are lots of examples
to work with.  I'd especially look at the Web Connector, which has a
"trust everything" checkbox you can check, as well as trusting
whatever certs you drop into each connection's trust store.

When you've decided exactly what it is you need, enter that in the
ticket as well.  I don't know if you are in a position to contribute
any work towards ManifoldCF, but if you are, I can help you develop a
patch that I'd be happy to commit.  Otherwise, I cannot guarantee
precisely when I'd get to it.

Thanks,
Karl

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 2:08 AM,  <c.a.r.e@gmx.de> wrote:
> I'm running MCF (version release 0.1) and Solr on a Tomcat server with HTTPS configured
(and a self-signed certificate generated by Java keytool).

> When trying to crawl data I always get:
> ---------------------
> WARN  Error communicating with update request handler: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException:
PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable
to find valid certification path to requested target
> javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX
path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to
find valid certification path to requested target

> Is there a way to configure MCF to use a truststore to accept the "insecure" certificate
when sending documents to Solr? I've configured a truststore for the server itself but MCF
does not seem to use it.