manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Shinichiro Abe <shinichiro.ab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Active Directory
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2011 06:21:53 GMT
Hi,

Probably you configured Authority:None at Type tab in your windows shares connection.
You should select your authority connection and restart the job.

If you already set correctly, you need to compare tokens of document with tokens of userACL
given by the request:
curl "http://localhost:8345/mcf-authority-service/UserACLs?username=user@domain"

Regards,
Shinichiro Abe

On 2011/10/18, at 17:26, Swapna Vuppala wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for pointing this. With the steps you suggested, Solr starts fine and there are
no exceptions.

> However, I have some trouble while searching in Solr.
>
> When the solrconfig.xml is not using ManifoldCFSecurity search component, the search
results in Solr are coming as expected.

> When the solrconfig.xml is using this search component, am getting zero responses for
any query (with or without adding AuthenticatedUserName=Swapna.Vuppala@global.arup.com for
the query string)

> Can you please suggest as to how to get over this issue ?
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Swapna.
>
> On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 12:44 PM, Shinichiro Abe <shinichiro.abe.1@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> You need to place apache-solr-mcf-3.x.jar into lib directory of solr home.
> And add a line to the solrconfig.xml file
> that declares this directory as a place to look for jars: <lib dir="./lib"/>
>
> Regards,
> Shinichiro Abe
>
> On 2011/10/18, at 15:02, Swapna Vuppala wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I got the latest code from https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/lcf/trunk
, built it and modified solrconfig.xml to add a search component "manifoldCFSecurity" and
use it in the search handler.

> > But with this setup, I get errors when I start Solr as :
> > org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Error loading class 'org.apache.solr.mcf.ManifoldCFSearchComponent'
at org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader.findClass(SolrResourceLoader.java:389) at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.createInstance(SolrCore.java:423)
at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.createInitInstance(SolrCore.java:445) at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.initPlugins(SolrCore.java:1553)
at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.initPlugins(SolrCore.java:1547) at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.initPlugins(SolrCore.java:1580)
at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.loadSearchComponents(SolrCore.java:854) at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.<init>(SolrCore.java:558)
at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer.create(CoreContainer.java:463) at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer.load(CoreContainer.java:316)
at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer.load(CoreContainer.java:207) at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer$Initializer.initialize(CoreContainer.java:130)
at org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.init(SolrDispatchFilter.java:94) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.initFilter(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:273)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.getFilter(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:254)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.setFilterDef(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:372)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.<init>(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:98)
  at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.filterStart(StandardContext.java:4584) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext$2.call(StandardContext.java:5262)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext$2.call(StandardContext.java:5257) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown
Source) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown
Source) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown
Source) Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.solr.mcf.ManifoldCFSearchComponent
at

> > Have I missed any steps ?? What else should I be doing for Solr Integration ??
> >
> > Thanks and Regards,
> > Swapna.
> >
> > On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 2:53 PM, Swapna Vuppala <swapna.kollipara@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > Thanks a lot for the info Shinichiro Abe, I'll look into it.
> >
> > Thanks and Regards,
> > Swapna.
> >

> > On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 2:21 PM, Shinichiro Abe <shinichiro.abe.1@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > If you can use ManifoldCF 0.4 trunk,
> > you can use solr integration components.
> > Recently the plugin is added.
> >
> > Please see:
> > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/lcf/trunk/connectors/solr/integration/README-3.x.txt
> >
> > You can get the results depending on user access tokens on Solr side.
> > curl "http://localhost:8983/solr/select?q=*:*&AuthenticatedUserName=username@domain"
> >
> > Regards,
> > Shinichiro Abe
> >
> > On 2011/10/14, at 16:39, Swapna Vuppala wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Karl,
> > >
> > > Thanks for the reply. I built jCIFS connector, registered it, created a repository
connection of type Windows Share, and created a job using Solr connection and Windows share
connection.

> > > I modified the Solr schema to include fields
> > >
> > > <field name="allow_token_document" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"
multiValued="true"/>
> > > <field name="deny_token_document" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"
multiValued="true"/>
> > > <field name="allow_token_share" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"
multiValued="true"/>
> > > <field name="deny_token_share" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"
multiValued="true"/>

> > > I set the stored attribute to true just for testing purposes.
> > >
> > > Now when I run the job, I see these tokens in the indexed data as expected.
> > >
> > > My next job would be to make the search from Solr secure. Do I have to make
any changes on Solr side to make use of these tokens and present only those docs to the user
that he's entitled to see ?