manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From "Wunderlich, Tobias" <tobias.wunderl...@igd-r.fraunhofer.de>
Subject AW: MCF 0.3 - WebCrawlerConnector - Ingestion Problems
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2011 07:39:44 GMT
Hey Karl,

thanks for your reply ...

I found the reason The crawler didn't want to ingest the site, it was none of your mentioned
criteria ... the site simply didn't want to be seeded or indexed:

	<head>
	</head>

Tobias

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Karl Wright [mailto:daddywri@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 6. Oktober 2011 16:42
An: connectors-user@incubator.apache.org
Betreff: Re: MCF 0.3 - WebCrawlerConnector - Ingestion Problems

Hi Tobias,

Sorry for the delay.
There are a number of reasons a document can be rejected for indexing.
 They are:

(1) URL criteria, as specified in the Web job's specification information
(2) Maximum document length, as controlled by the output connection (you never told us what
that was)
(3) Mime type criteria, as controlled by the output connection

So I bet this is a mime type issue.  What content-type does the page have?  What output connector
are you using?

Karl