manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Swapna Vuppala <swapna.kollip...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Active Directory
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2011 07:39:15 GMT
Hi Karl,

Thanks for the reply. I built jCIFS connector, registered it, created a
repository connection of type Windows Share, and created a job using Solr
connection and Windows share connection.

I modified the Solr schema to include fields

<field name="allow_token_document" type="string" indexed="true"
stored="true" multiValued="true"/>
<field name="deny_token_document" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"
multiValued="true"/>
<field name="allow_token_share" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"
multiValued="true"/>
<field name="deny_token_share" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"
multiValued="true"/>

I set the stored attribute to true just for testing purposes.

Now when I run the job, I see these tokens in the indexed data as expected.

My next job would be to make the search from Solr secure. Do I have to make
any changes on Solr side to make use of these tokens and present only those
docs to the user that he's entitled to see ?
Can you please direct me as to how to filter the search results depending
upon the user's credentials ?

Thanks and Regards,
Swapna.