manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Swapna Vuppala <swapna.kollip...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: config files for ManifoldCF
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2011 08:15:27 GMT
Thanks Karl and Piergiorgio,

I need one more clarification, but that's regarding deploying ManifoldCF on
Tomcat.

I have built ManifoldCF 0.3 and have been running it so far on Jetty and
everything works fine. But now I want to use Tomcat instead of Jetty. I
tried instructions at
http://incubator.apache.org/connectors/how-to-build-and-deploy.html.

I already have Tomcat installed on my machine. So I copied the war files
(mfc-api-service,mfc-authority-service,crawler-ui) into Tomcat's webapps
directory, copied all contents of dist directory of manifoldcf into a
separate directory (which I set as MFC_HOME environment variable). Now am
trying to access the crawler UI at http://localhost:8080/mcf-crawler-ui/
But I get the exception

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: javax.servlet.ServletException:
org.apache.manifoldcf.core.interfaces.ManifoldCFException:
Initialization failed: Could not read configuration file
'C:\lcf\properties.xml'

I understand that the property "org.apache.manifoldcf.configfile" is
not set. How do I set this and what else do I have to do for proper
and complete deployment on tomcat ?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Swapna.