manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: config files for ManifoldCF
Date Sun, 02 Oct 2011 23:43:06 GMT
Hi Swapna,

To clarify Piergiorgio's answer a little, ManifoldCF uses a
properties.xml file for its basic configuration information.  However,
everything else is kept in the database.  That includes connection
definitions and job definitions.  I recommend that you start by using
the Quick-Start example uses an embedded Apache Derby database
instance, by default.  You can change this later, of course.  For real
work we recommend PostgreSQL.

You can find more information at
http://incubator.apache.org/connectors/how-to-build-and-deploy.html.
Have a look at the quick-start instructions.

Karl