manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Shinichiro Abe <shinichiro.ab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Active Directory
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2011 07:14:59 GMT
Hi.

You need to place apache-solr-mcf-3.x.jar into lib directory of solr home.
And add a line to the solrconfig.xml file
that declares this directory as a place to look for jars: <lib dir="./lib"/>

Regards,
Shinichiro Abe

On 2011/10/18, at 15:02, Swapna Vuppala wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I got the latest code from https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/lcf/trunk , built
it and modified solrconfig.xml to add a search component "manifoldCFSecurity" and use it in
the search handler.

> But with this setup, I get errors when I start Solr as :
> org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Error loading class 'org.apache.solr.mcf.ManifoldCFSearchComponent'
at org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader.findClass(SolrResourceLoader.java:389) at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.createInstance(SolrCore.java:423)
at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.createInitInstance(SolrCore.java:445) at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.initPlugins(SolrCore.java:1553)
at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.initPlugins(SolrCore.java:1547) at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.initPlugins(SolrCore.java:1580)
at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.loadSearchComponents(SolrCore.java:854) at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.<init>(SolrCore.java:558)
at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer.create(CoreContainer.java:463) at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer.load(CoreContainer.java:316)
at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer.load(CoreContainer.java:207) at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer$Initializer.initialize(CoreContainer.java:130)
at org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.init(SolrDispatchFilter.java:94) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.initFilter(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:273)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.getFilter(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:254)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.setFilterDef(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:372)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.<init>(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:98)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.filterStart(StandardContext.java:4584) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext$2.call(StandardContext.java:5262)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext$2.call(StandardContext.java:5257) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown
Source) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown
Source) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown
Source) Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.solr.mcf.ManifoldCFSearchComponent
at

> Have I missed any steps ?? What else should I be doing for Solr Integration ??
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Swapna.
>
> On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 2:53 PM, Swapna Vuppala <swapna.kollipara@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks a lot for the info Shinichiro Abe, I'll look into it.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Swapna.
>

> On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 2:21 PM, Shinichiro Abe <shinichiro.abe.1@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> If you can use ManifoldCF 0.4 trunk,
> you can use solr integration components.
> Recently the plugin is added.
>
> Please see:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/lcf/trunk/connectors/solr/integration/README-3.x.txt
>
> You can get the results depending on user access tokens on Solr side.
> curl "http://localhost:8983/solr/select?q=*:*&AuthenticatedUserName=username@domain"
>
> Regards,
> Shinichiro Abe
>
> On 2011/10/14, at 16:39, Swapna Vuppala wrote:
>
> > Hi Karl,
> >
> > Thanks for the reply. I built jCIFS connector, registered it, created a repository
connection of type Windows Share, and created a job using Solr connection and Windows share
connection.

> > I modified the Solr schema to include fields
> >
> > <field name="allow_token_document" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"
multiValued="true"/>
> > <field name="deny_token_document" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"
multiValued="true"/>
> > <field name="allow_token_share" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true" multiValued="true"/>
> > <field name="deny_token_share" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true" multiValued="true"/>
> >
> > I set the stored attribute to true just for testing purposes.
> >
> > Now when I run the job, I see these tokens in the indexed data as expected.
> >
> > My next job would be to make the search from Solr secure. Do I have to make any
changes on Solr side to make use of these tokens and present only those docs to the user that
he's entitled to see ?