manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Authority Connection works unpredictably
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2011 07:48:00 GMT
Try doing nslookup on the domain controller.  In some larger companies
there are many domain controllers all with the same name but different
IP's.  These *should* all be in synch but it may be the case that they
are not - or some of them are unreachable or offline.  This can also
be the cause of intermittent authorization failures during crawling.

If that is the case you have the option of setting the local machine's
/etc/hosts file to point to a couple of domain controller instances
that are local and in good working order, rather than rely on DNS to
find one.

Karl