manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Incubator status, Manning email, is any action needed by users?
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2011 05:25:06 GMT
"is the continued Incubator status a problem?"

It's only a problem in that some potential users of the software may
avoid it due to this status, which is unfortunate.  It also limits
books sales.

"Is there something more we, as a group, need to do to push this forward?"

The decision to not pursue graduation at this time has to do with
nothing more than the percentage of commits that are done by all the
active committers, and their distribution.  ASF wants their projects
well-covered, and ManifoldCF has not yet achieved that.  In all other
respects, I believe ManifoldCF would have no problem in being able to
graduate.

For people who follow the project, this means basically that we need
your contributions and your continued involvement.  If you contribute
consistently and well, you may be asked to become a committer, and
that would certainly help the project towards graduation.

Karl