manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From "daddywri@gmail.com" <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Programmatic Interaction with ManifoldCF
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2012 14:17:51 GMT
The preferred way to do this is via the API Service.  See Chapter 3 of ManifoldCF in Action.
 There are examples at http://manifoldcfinaction.googlecode.com/svnroot/trunk from the book.

Karl

Sent from my Nokia phone
-----Original Message-----
From: Swapna Vuppala
Sent:  03/01/2012, 6:55  AM
To: connectors-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Programmatic Interaction with ManifoldCF

Hi,

Am looking for the best way to interact with ManifoldCF programmatically
for my purposes. My target is to develop a small tool (command-line) which
can read a XML file to get the list of locations that have to be crawled,
and create repository connections and jobs that use the created repository
connections, with paths that have been read from the XML file.

If I write a Java program for this, which API should I be using ? Earlier,
I have looked at scripts that can be run to create repository connections,
jobs etc . Should I run such scripts from my Java program or is there a
better way to approach this ? Or is it possible to use the classes of
ManifoldCF in my program to achieve this ? If so, how ?

Can you please direct me to the ideal approach ?

Thanks and Regards,
Swapna.