manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From "Silvia, Daniel [USA]" <Silvia_Dan...@bah.com>
Subject RE: ManifoldCF's dist/shapoint-integration dir
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2012 15:08:01 GMT
Ok, I deleted all the jobs and created a new one. I added some paths to include everything
and ran the job. However, I didn't see anything different.

Looking at my solrconfig.xml file, the requestHandler has the following:

name="/update/extract"
startup="lazy"
class="solr.extraction.ExtractingRequestHandler"

< lst name=defaults>
   <str name="fmap.content">text</str>
   <str name="lowernames">true</str>
   <str name="uprefix">ignored_</str>
   <str name="lowernames">true</str>
   <str name="fmap.a">link</str>
   <str name="fmap.div">ignored_</str>
</lst>

From: Karl Wright [daddywri@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 9:13 AM
To: Silvia, Daniel [USA]; connectors-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: ManifoldCF's dist/shapoint-integration dir

I should clarify that the reason for deleting and recreating the job
is because ManifoldCF crawls incrementally.  If you just run a job a
second time you may well not get any documents if none have changed
from the first time the job was run.

Thanks,
Karl

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 9:00 AM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> For right now I would ignore the Metadata Rules and just make sure you
> have Path Rules that mean that you have included documents.
>
> "As I run the report, I see "Documents", "Active, and "Processed"
> where the numbers change under the "Active" column as well as the
> "Document" and "Processed" column (these just get larger, where Active
> changes). "
>
> This "report" we actually call the Job Status screen.  The fact that
> the numbers get larger and the job doesn't just end indicates that you
> are successfully crawling your SharePoint, and you have set up the job
> to include at least some documents.  This is good news.  However, this
> is NOT the "Simple History" report I was alluding to earlier.  To get
> to that report, click on the "Simple History" link on the left-hand
> navigation area.  This report will show the events of your choice
> (default - ALL recorded events) over a given time window (default: the
> last hour).  If you've done this right you should at least see a "Job
> start" event.  The events you are most interested in are the "fetch"
> (which describes all attempts to fetch documents from SharePoint) and
> "document ingest", which describe attempts to get documents into Solr.
>  You can refresh the displayed events by clicking the "Go" button in
> the middle of the screen whenever you wish.
>
> I'd like you to delete your job, create it again, and start it.  Then,
> while it is running, I'd like you to go to the "Simple History"
> screen, and select the appropriate connection (your SharePoint
> repository connection), and click the "Go" button.  So as not to skip
> anything basic:
>
> (1) What event types do you see?
> (2) Are there "fetch" events?
> (3) Are there "document ingest" events?
>
> If you see no "fetch" events, that implies you have either not
> specified any documents to include in your job, OR your Solr
> connection is configured to reject too many document types so they are
> all getting filtered out.
>
> If you see "document ingest" events, but those have errors, it implies
> that the configuration of your Solr connection is incorrect and does
> not match the way your Solr is configured.  If you send me a specific
> error code and/or text I can help you figure out what is happening.
>
> If you see "document ingest" events with NO errors, but the Solr
> instance is not getting documents, you are describing an impossible
> situation.  While your Solr instance may not be configured to have the
> Extracting Update Handler active, or it may be at a different URL than
> what you pointed at, that would definitely yield errors or
> notifications in the Simple History.
>
> Please let me know what you actually see.
> Karl
>

> On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 7:53 AM, Silvia, Daniel [USA]
> <Silvia_Daniel@bah.com> wrote:
>> Hi Karl
>>
>> I am trying to figure out why I can't see anything being indexed into our Solr index.
I was looking at another post where you were working with "Martijn" and that individual was
not able to see info getting into Solr. In the report  that I have set up, I have included
all metadata associated to each site, Share Documents, and Documents. In the Solr Field Mapping,
I am associating metadata fields that are indicated in the MetaData tab to fields that exist
in our solr index.

>> For the Path tab where there are Path Rules, are these the paths we want ManifoldCF
to follow? Each site, and each Library like Documents and Shared Documents. And in the Metadata
tab, this is the tab where you indicate for each "Site" and "Library" you want to include
specific metadata or include all metadata?

>> As I run the report, I see "Documents", "Active, and "Processed" where the numbers
change under the "Active" column as well as the "Document" and "Processed" column (these just
get larger, where Active changes). While I was researching why I may not be seeing something
over on the Solr side, I saw your communication with another individual indicating that I
should see something like literal.xxx=yyy in the Solr log. This is an older post so there
maybe something else I should see. But the only thing I see when I look at the Solr log is
"[ ] webapp=/solr path=/update/extract params={commit=true} status=0 QTime=0".

>> Any ideas.
>>
>> Thanks

I am not getting what I am suppose to.  I see the "Start Time, Activity, Identifier, Bytes,
and Time, I don't get anything for Result Code or Result Description. I looked in the documentation
and we should be getting something in those fields, I believe.

>>> Anyway, I will look through the mail list to see what I can find.
>>>
>>> Thanks for the help.
>>>
>>> Dan

set for info and I will have to change the logging level to DEBUG.

for trying to send output to a Solr instance in the Jobs List/Creation section? We are having
an issue getting content to Solr. Is there a document anywhere which defines the fields for
the Jobs sections for the Solr Field Mapping tab and the Paths and MetaData tabs?

crawl the Sharepoint instance and all sites under the instance? The individual who set my
permissions set me up as the "site collection admin" for the top most site. Is there a specific
admin role without setting the user crawling the sharpoint instance other than "Farm Admin"?

I indicated that I needed to be able to crawl SharePoint, I guess the problem was on my end
indicating that I also needed privileges to crawl the site.

version to v 3 I get a message indicating "Connection Working".

SharePoint

Site field, I get an error message "axisFault=Server, detail=Server was unable to process
request --> Requested Registry access is not allowed" and when I put a "/" in the site
filed I get  a GUI error indicating that the site field can't end with a "/".

is not configured properly for us to crawl?

On no account

Access is denied due to server configuration" when setting the Site field to /default.aspx.
Do most Sharepoint instances have the urls set to something like http://server:port/sites/......
instead of http://server:port/? When I use the "/default.aspx" I see in the log files that
ManifoldCF is trying to go to the Lists.asmx service with the url http://server:port/default.aspx/_vti_bin/Lists.asmx,
where nothing is found.

ManifoldCF, I am just trying to

url is something like http://server:port/default.aspx. If I don't put anything in the site
field I get a message indicating "Requested Registry Access is not allowed". I was putting
"/default.apsx" as my Site field which I believe may have been the issue. However, what do
you put in your Site field when the site is the top most site, as in http://server:port/default.aspx?

on a network which is not connected to the outside.

URL that
 And the URL

Axis.  This hasn't

XML header which

connect to?  Is the

[USA]

Client wire and I restarted the ManifoldCF instance. I was also see the webservice Lists.asmx
through IE. When reviewing the log files I was able to see some of the content that resides
in the Sharepoint instance in the content coming back from the request. However, I am still
seeing the error messages in the ManifoldCF GUI as well as in the log file indicating  "Bad
Envelope: HTML" ,"No service named ListsSoap is available" and "No service named http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/soap/GetListCollection
is available".

the services are being built on the client side?

SOAP request the
is, in fact, returning
the server or path
are not set correctly,

a ConfigurationException
to the HTML.

Http Client wire
 The log will
described here:

web services are
the one it sounds like
think the web service
server, plus the port,
should see an

list (as I have) so a
available to others.

[USA]

v .4 and have run the necessary ant scripts to download dependencies and then built the entire
project. I have also had the ShrePoint webservice MetCarta.SharePoint.MCPermissionsService.wsp
deployed on the SharePoint instance due to running version 3 of SharePoint (SharePoint 2007).
When I try to create a Repository Connection and select "Save" I get a message on the ManifoldCF
front end of "org.xml.sax.SAXException Bad envelope tag: HTML". When I look at the log file
I see an error message " org.apache.axis.ConfigurationException: No service named ListsSoap
is available".

before and what may be causing this issue?

build, you need to have the
ship those because of
way to obtain the right

being signed off by the