manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cannot find OracleDriver
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2012 16:25:13 GMT
The connect URL it will use given those parameters is the following:

    String dburl = "jdbc:" + providerName + "//" + host + "/" +
database + ((instanceName==null)?"":";instance="+instanceName);

Or, filled in with your parameters:

jdbc:oracle:thin:@//21.16.18.145:1521/main

The "main" at the end is what I would wonder about.  Oracle's default
is "database"; if you leave the "database/instance name" field blank,
that's what you'll get.

I also recommend turning on connector debugging, in properties.xml, by adding:

<property name="org.apache.manifoldcf.connectors" value="DEBUG"/>

... and restarting ManifoldCF.  Try viewing the connection in the UI;
you should see the connect string logged, as well as possibly a more
detailed response.

Thanks,
Karl

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 11:12 AM, Matthew Parker
<mparker@apogeeintegration.com> wrote:
> Sorry. I used the wrong character. It is configured for 21.16.18.145:1521
>

> On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 10:27 AM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> So if the "Database and Host" field really is "21:16:18:145:1521", try
>> "21.16.18.145:1521" instead. ;-)
>>
>> Karl
>>
>> On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 9:22 AM, Matthew Parker
>> <mparker@apogeeintegration.com> wrote:
>> > type: JDBC
>> > Authority: None
>> > Database Type: ORACLE

> [...]
> [...]