manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Running 2 jobs to update same document Index but different
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2012 10:51:39 GMT
 fields

--f46d043bd7e808b79a04bc5e9243

Hmm, this makes no sense. While mcf does clean up unreachable documents
at the end of a crawl, these documents were clearly reachable during
the crawl.

The only possibility that comes to mind is that there is perhaps a bug
during this phase for documents that are shared among multiple jobs. So
if you have any other such jobs please delete them. Then try rerunning
your main job. If that works I will open a ticket to investigate this.

Thanks
Karl

Sent from my Windows Phone
From: Anupam Bhattacharya
Sent: 3/29/2012 5:45 AM
To: connectors-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Running 2 jobs to update same document Index but different
fields
I ran the 1 job with XML and PDF doc type together only and again i lost
all the indexes when the job got finished.

The Rejected results was for 1 document which might have confused you. The
fetching is working for many documents with SUCCESS status.

When the job is running i was able to see the indexes for PDF and XML both
from SOLR admin. But the moment it got finished all indexes were gone.

Start Time <http://localhost:8080/mcf-crawler-ui/execute.jsp>Activity<http://localhost:8080/mcf-crawler-ui/execute.jsp>
IdentifierResult Code <http://localhost:8080/mcf-crawler-ui/execute.jsp>
Bytes <http://localhost:8080/mcf-crawler-ui/execute.jsp>Time<http://localhost:8080/mcf-crawler-ui/execute.jsp>Result
Description
03-29-2012 14:41:29.053document deletion (Solr_Test_QA)
http://example.domain.com:8088/webtop/component/drl?versio...
nLabel=CURRENT&objectId=09d905e78004f63f
2000103-29-2012 14:33:40.741document ingest (Solr_Test_QA)http://
example.domain.com:8088/webtop/component/drl?versio...
nLabel=CURRENT&objectId=09d905e78004f63f
200149115603-29-2012 14:33:38.758fetch09d905e78004f63f
Success14911780

--
Thanks & Regards
Anupam Bhattacharya

--f46d043bd7e808b79a04bc5e9243

font-size: 11pt;">Hmm, this makes no sense.&nbsp; While mcf does clean up u=
nreachable documents at the end of a crawl, these documents were clearly re=
achable during the crawl.<br><br>The only possibility that comes to mind is=
 that there is perhaps a bug during this phase for documents that are share=
d among multiple jobs.&nbsp; So if you have any other such jobs please dele=
te them.&nbsp; Then try rerunning your main job.&nbsp; If that works I will=
-serif; font-size: 10pt; font-weight: bold;">From: </span><span style=3D"fo=
nt-family: Tahoma,sans-serif; font-size: 10pt;">Anupam Bhattacharya</span><=
br><span style=3D"font-family: Tahoma,sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; font-wei=
ght: bold;">Sent: </span><span style=3D"font-family: Tahoma,sans-serif; fon=
t-size: 10pt;">3/29/2012 5:45 AM</span><br><span style=3D"font-family: Taho=
ma,sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; font-weight: bold;">To: </span><span style=
=3D"font-family: Tahoma,sans-serif; font-size: 10pt;">connectors-user@incub=
ator.apache.org</span><br><span style=3D"font-family: Tahoma,sans-serif; fo=
nt-size: 10pt; font-weight: bold;">Subject: </span><span style=3D"font-fami=
ly: Tahoma,sans-serif; font-size: 10pt;">Re: Running 2 jobs to update same =
the 1 job with XML and PDF doc type together only and again i lost all the =
sults was for 1 document which might have confused you. The fetching is wor=
king for many documents with SUCCESS status.</div>
or PDF and XML both from SOLR admin. But the moment it got finished all ind=
e=3D"width:1051px;padding-left:0pt;padding-right:0pt;margin-left:0pt;margin=
-right:0pt;margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt;padding-top:0pt;padding-bottom:=
0pt;border-top-style:none;border-right-style:none;border-bottom-style:none;=
border-left-style:none;border-top-width:0pt;border-right-width:0pt;border-b=
ottom-width:0pt;border-left-width:0pt;border-collapse:collapse;font-family:=
sans-serif;background-color:rgb(240,240,240)">
<tbody><tr class=3D"headerrow" style=3D"padding-left:0pt;padding-right:0pt;=
margin-left:0pt;margin-right:0pt;margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt;padding-t=
op:0pt;padding-bottom:0pt;border-top-style:none;border-right-style:none;bor=
der-bottom-style:none;border-left-style:none;border-top-width:0pt;border-ri=
ght-width:0pt;border-bottom-width:0pt;border-left-width:0pt;background-colo=
r:rgb(192,192,192)">
t;margin-left:0pt;margin-right:0pt;color:rgb(64,64,64);font-size:10pt;font-=
family:sans-serif"><a href=3D"http://localhost:8080/mcf-crawler-ui/execute.=
jsp">Start Time</a></td>
t;margin-left:0pt;margin-right:0pt;color:rgb(64,64,64);font-size:10pt;font-=
family:sans-serif"><a href=3D"http://localhost:8080/mcf-crawler-ui/execute.=
jsp">Activity</a></td>
t;margin-left:0pt;margin-right:0pt;color:rgb(64,64,64);font-size:10pt;font-=
family:sans-serif">Identifier</td><td class=3D"reportcolumnheader" style=3D=
"padding-left:5pt;padding-right:5pt;margin-left:0pt;margin-right:0pt;color:=
rgb(64,64,64);font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">
ght:5pt;margin-left:0pt;margin-right:0pt;color:rgb(64,64,64);font-size:10pt=
;font-family:sans-serif">
t;margin-left:0pt;margin-right:0pt;color:rgb(64,64,64);font-size:10pt;font-=
family:sans-serif">
td class=3D"reportcolumnheader" style=3D"padding-left:5pt;padding-right:5pt=
;margin-left:0pt;margin-right:0pt;color:rgb(64,64,64);font-size:10pt;font-f=
amily:sans-serif">
ble" style=3D"width:1051px;padding-left:0pt;padding-right:0pt;margin-left:0=
pt;margin-right:0pt;margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt;padding-top:0pt;paddin=
g-bottom:0pt;border-top-style:none;border-right-style:none;border-bottom-st=
yle:none;border-left-style:none;border-top-width:0pt;border-right-width:0pt=
;border-bottom-width:0pt;border-left-width:0pt;border-collapse:collapse;fon=
t-family:sans-serif;background-color:rgb(240,240,240)">
<tbody><tr class=3D"evendatarow" style=3D"padding-left:0pt;padding-right:0p=
t;margin-left:0pt;margin-right:0pt;margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt;padding=
-top:0pt;padding-bottom:0pt;border-top-style:none;border-right-style:none;b=
order-bottom-style:none;border-left-style:none;border-top-width:0pt;border-=
right-width:0pt;border-bottom-width:0pt;border-left-width:0pt;background-co=
lor:rgb(216,216,232);vertical-align:top">
margin-left:0pt;margin-right:0pt;margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt;padding-t=
op:0pt;padding-bottom:0pt;border-top-style:none;border-right-style:none;bor=
der-bottom-style:none;border-left-style:none;border-top-width:0pt;border-ri=
ght-width:0pt;border-bottom-width:0pt;border-left-width:0pt;font-size:8pt;f=
ont-family:sans-serif">
03-29-2012 14:41:29.053</td><td class=3D"reportcolumncell" style=3D"padding=
-left:5pt;padding-right:5pt;margin-left:0pt;margin-right:0pt;margin-top:0pt=
;margin-bottom:0pt;padding-top:0pt;padding-bottom:0pt;border-top-style:none=
;border-right-style:none;border-bottom-style:none;border-left-style:none;bo=
rder-top-width:0pt;border-right-width:0pt;border-bottom-width:0pt;border-le=
ft-width:0pt;font-size:8pt;font-family:sans-serif">
document deletion (Solr_Test_QA)</td><td class=3D"reportcolumncell" style=
=3D"padding-left:5pt;padding-right:5pt;margin-left:0pt;margin-right:0pt;mar=
gin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt;padding-top:0pt;padding-bottom:0pt;border-top=
-style:none;border-right-style:none;border-bottom-style:none;border-left-st=
yle:none;border-top-width:0pt;border-right-width:0pt;border-bottom-width:0p=
t;border-left-width:0pt;font-size:8pt;font-family:sans-serif">
p://example.domain.com:8088/webtop/component/drl?versio.</a>..<br style=3D"=
display:block">nLabel=3DCURRENT&amp;objectId=3D09d905e78004f63f<br style=3D=
"display:block">
:5pt;margin-left:0pt;margin-right:0pt;margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt;padd=
ing-top:0pt;padding-bottom:0pt;border-top-style:none;border-right-style:non=
e;border-bottom-style:none;border-left-style:none;border-top-width:0pt;bord=
er-right-width:0pt;border-bottom-width:0pt;border-left-width:0pt;font-size:=
8pt;font-family:sans-serif">
200</td><td class=3D"reportcolumncell" style=3D"padding-left:5pt;padding-ri=
ght:5pt;margin-left:0pt;margin-right:0pt;margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt;p=
adding-top:0pt;padding-bottom:0pt;border-top-style:none;border-right-style:=
none;border-bottom-style:none;border-left-style:none;border-top-width:0pt;b=
order-right-width:0pt;border-bottom-width:0pt;border-left-width:0pt;font-si=
ze:8pt;font-family:sans-serif">
0</td><td class=3D"reportcolumncell" style=3D"padding-left:5pt;padding-righ=
t:5pt;margin-left:0pt;margin-right:0pt;margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt;pad=
ding-top:0pt;padding-bottom:0pt;border-top-style:none;border-right-style:no=
ne;border-bottom-style:none;border-left-style:none;border-top-width:0pt;bor=
der-right-width:0pt;border-bottom-width:0pt;border-left-width:0pt;font-size=
:8pt;font-family:sans-serif">
1px;padding-left:0pt;padding-right:0pt;margin-left:0pt;margin-right:0pt;mar=
gin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt;padding-top:0pt;padding-bottom:0pt;border-top=
-style:none;border-right-style:none;border-bottom-style:none;border-left-st=
yle:none;border-top-width:0pt;border-right-width:0pt;border-bottom-width:0p=
t;border-left-width:0pt;border-collapse:collapse;font-family:sans-serif;bac=
kground-color:rgb(240,240,240)">
<tbody><tr class=3D"odddatarow" style=3D"padding-left:0pt;padding-right:0pt=
;margin-left:0pt;margin-right:0pt;margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt;padding-=
top:0pt;padding-bottom:0pt;border-top-style:none;border-right-style:none;bo=
rder-bottom-style:none;border-left-style:none;border-top-width:0pt;border-r=
ight-width:0pt;border-bottom-width:0pt;border-left-width:0pt;background-col=
or:rgb(232,232,248);vertical-align:top">
margin-left:0pt;margin-right:0pt;margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt;padding-t=
op:0pt;padding-bottom:0pt;border-top-style:none;border-right-style:none;bor=
der-bottom-style:none;border-left-style:none;border-top-width:0pt;border-ri=
ght-width:0pt;border-bottom-width:0pt;border-left-width:0pt;background-colo=
r:rgb(216,216,232);vertical-align:top">
margin-left:0pt;margin-right:0pt;margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt;padding-t=
op:0pt;padding-bottom:0pt;border-top-style:none;border-right-style:none;bor=
der-bottom-style:none;border-left-style:none;border-top-width:0pt;border-ri=
ght-width:0pt;border-bottom-width:0pt;border-left-width:0pt;font-size:8pt;f=
ont-family:sans-serif">
03-29-2012 14:33:40.741</td><td class=3D"reportcolumncell" style=3D"padding=
-left:5pt;padding-right:5pt;margin-left:0pt;margin-right:0pt;margin-top:0pt=
;margin-bottom:0pt;padding-top:0pt;padding-bottom:0pt;border-top-style:none=
;border-right-style:none;border-bottom-style:none;border-left-style:none;bo=
rder-top-width:0pt;border-right-width:0pt;border-bottom-width:0pt;border-le=
ft-width:0pt;font-size:8pt;font-family:sans-serif">
document ingest (Solr_Test_QA)</td><td class=3D"reportcolumncell" style=3D"=
http://
[...]
1491</td><td class=3D"reportcolumncell" style=3D"padding-left:5pt;padding-r=
ight:5pt;margin-left:0pt;margin-right:0pt;margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt;=
padding-top:0pt;padding-bottom:0pt;border-top-style:none;border-right-style=
:none;border-bottom-style:none;border-left-style:none;border-top-width:0pt;=
border-right-width:0pt;border-bottom-width:0pt;border-left-width:0pt;font-s=
ize:8pt;font-family:sans-serif">
156</td><td class=3D"reportcolumncell" style=3D"padding-left:5pt;padding-ri=
ght:5pt;margin-left:0pt;margin-right:0pt;margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt;p=
adding-top:0pt;padding-bottom:0pt;border-top-style:none;border-right-style:=
none;border-bottom-style:none;border-left-style:none;border-top-width:0pt;b=
order-right-width:0pt;border-bottom-width:0pt;border-left-width:0pt;font-si=
ze:8pt;font-family:sans-serif">
0pt;margin-left:0pt;margin-right:0pt;margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt;paddi=
ng-top:0pt;padding-bottom:0pt;border-top-style:none;border-right-style:none=
;border-bottom-style:none;border-left-style:none;border-top-width:0pt;borde=
r-right-width:0pt;border-bottom-width:0pt;border-left-width:0pt;background-=
color:rgb(232,232,248);vertical-align:top">
margin-left:0pt;margin-right:0pt;margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt;padding-t=
op:0pt;padding-bottom:0pt;border-top-style:none;border-right-style:none;bor=
der-bottom-style:none;border-left-style:none;border-top-width:0pt;border-ri=
ght-width:0pt;border-bottom-width:0pt;border-left-width:0pt;font-size:8pt;f=
ont-family:sans-serif">
03-29-2012 14:33:38.758</td><td class=3D"reportcolumncell" style=3D"padding=
-left:5pt;padding-right:5pt;margin-left:0pt;margin-right:0pt;margin-top:0pt=
;margin-bottom:0pt;padding-top:0pt;padding-bottom:0pt;border-top-style:none=
;border-right-style:none;border-bottom-style:none;border-left-style:none;bo=
rder-top-width:0pt;border-right-width:0pt;border-bottom-width:0pt;border-le=
ft-width:0pt;font-size:8pt;font-family:sans-serif">
fetch</td><td class=3D"reportcolumncell" style=3D"padding-left:5pt;padding-=
right:5pt;margin-left:0pt;margin-right:0pt;margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt=
;padding-top:0pt;padding-bottom:0pt;border-top-style:none;border-right-styl=
e:none;border-bottom-style:none;border-left-style:none;border-top-width:0pt=
;border-right-width:0pt;border-bottom-width:0pt;border-left-width:0pt;font-=
size:8pt;font-family:sans-serif">
09d905e78004f63f<br style=3D"display:block"></td><td class=3D"reportcolumnc=
ell" style=3D"padding-left:5pt;padding-right:5pt;margin-left:0pt;margin-rig=
ht:0pt;margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt;padding-top:0pt;padding-bottom:0pt;=
border-top-style:none;border-right-style:none;border-bottom-style:none;bord=
er-left-style:none;border-top-width:0pt;border-right-width:0pt;border-botto=
m-width:0pt;border-left-width:0pt;font-size:8pt;font-family:sans-serif">
Success</td><td class=3D"reportcolumncell" style=3D"padding-left:5pt;paddin=
g-right:5pt;margin-left:0pt;margin-right:0pt;margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0=
pt;padding-top:0pt;padding-bottom:0pt;border-top-style:none;border-right-st=
yle:none;border-bottom-style:none;border-left-style:none;border-top-width:0=
pt;border-right-width:0pt;border-bottom-width:0pt;border-left-width:0pt;fon=
t-size:8pt;font-family:sans-serif">
1491</td><td class=3D"reportcolumncell" style=3D"padding-left:5pt;padding-r=
ight:5pt;margin-left:0pt;margin-right:0pt;margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt;=
padding-top:0pt;padding-bottom:0pt;border-top-style:none;border-right-style=
:none;border-bottom-style:none;border-left-style:none;border-top-width:0pt;=
border-right-width:0pt;border-bottom-width:0pt;border-left-width:0pt;font-s=
ize:8pt;font-family:sans-serif">
div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 2:01 PM, Karl Wright <spa=
n dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:daddywri@gmail.com">daddywri@gmail.com<=
/a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br>
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><br>The &quot;REJECTED&quot; result is becau=
se the document has the wrong mime type or is too long, according to your l=
ength restriction.=C2=A0 Do you have just one job, or do you still have two=
?=C2=A0 If you have two jobs covering the same overall documents with diffe=
rent document criteria, this is the kind of thing that happens when you run=
 one job after the other; the documents belonging to the first.=C2=A0 You w=
ill only need one job if you try the plan I was talking about, but it shoul=
d include the PDFs as well as the XML documents.<br>

d the document criteria and ran the job a second time.<span class=3D"HOEnZb=
div class=3D"h5">
 Anupam Bhattacharya <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:anupamb82@gmai=
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Okay. I tried to use the id which is formed =
my manifoldcf documentum connector. I ran the job i could see in between fr=
om the SOLR admin screen that documents were getting indexed. But just afte=
r the end of the job i see all my created indexes gets deleted.<div>

ll my created indexes when i keep the unique id as &quot;id&quot; in the sc=
hema.xml file of SOLR ?</div>

pt;margin-left:0pt;margin-right:0pt;margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt;paddin=
g-top:0pt;padding-bottom:0pt;border-top-style:none;border-right-style:none;=
border-bottom-style:none;border-left-style:none;border-top-width:0pt;border=
-right-width:0pt;border-bottom-width:0pt;border-left-width:0pt;border-colla=
pse:collapse;font-family:sans-serif;background-color:rgb(240,240,240)">

<tbody><tr style=3D"padding-left:0pt;padding-right:0pt;margin-left:0pt;marg=
in-right:0pt;margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt;padding-top:0pt;padding-botto=
m:0pt;border-top-style:none;border-right-style:none;border-bottom-style:non=
e;border-left-style:none;border-top-width:0pt;border-right-width:0pt;border=
-bottom-width:0pt;border-left-width:0pt;background-color:rgb(192,192,192)">

t:0pt;color:rgb(64,64,64);font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif"><a href=3D=
"http://localhost:8080/mcf-crawler-ui/execute.jsp" target=3D"_blank">Start =
Time</a></td>

t:0pt;color:rgb(64,64,64);font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif"><a href=3D=
"http://localhost:8080/mcf-crawler-ui/execute.jsp" target=3D"_blank">Activi=
ty</a></td>

t:0pt;color:rgb(64,64,64);font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">Identifier=
-right:0pt;color:rgb(64,64,64);font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">

nk">Result Code</a></td><td style=3D"padding-left:5pt;padding-right:5pt;mar=
gin-left:0pt;margin-right:0pt;color:rgb(64,64,64);font-size:10pt;font-famil=
y:sans-serif">

nk">Bytes</a></td><td style=3D"padding-left:5pt;padding-right:5pt;margin-le=
ft:0pt;margin-right:0pt;color:rgb(64,64,64);font-size:10pt;font-family:sans=
-serif">

nk">Time</a></td><td style=3D"padding-left:5pt;padding-right:5pt;margin-lef=
t:0pt;margin-right:0pt;color:rgb(64,64,64);font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-=
serif">

0:26.837<span style=3D"white-space:pre-wrap">=09</span>document deletion (S=
olr_TEST_QA)<span style=3D"white-space:pre-wrap">=09</span><a href=3D"http:=
//example.domain.com:8088/webtop/component/drl?versio." target=3D"_blank">h=
ttp://example.domain.com:8088/webtop/component/drl?versio.</a>..</div>

yle=3D"white-space:pre-wrap">=09</span>0<span style=3D"white-space:pre-wrap=
div>REJECTED<span style=3D"white-space:pre-wrap">=09</span>86823<span style=
=3D"white-space:pre-wrap">=09</span>4184<span style=3D"white-space:pre-wrap=
">=09</span></div>

document ingest (Solr_TEST_QA)<span style=3D"white-space:pre-wrap">=09</spa=
n><a href=3D"http://example.domain.com:8088/webtop/component/drl?versio." t=
arget=3D"_blank">http://example.domain.com:8088/webtop/component/drl?versio=
.</a>..</div>

yle=3D"white-space:pre-wrap">=09</span>8158<span style=3D"white-space:pre-w=
On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 12:41 AM, Karl Wright <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=
=3D"mailto:daddywri@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">daddywri@gmail.com</a>&gt;=
8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">

&quot;So do you find this design appropriate and feasible ?&quot; =C2=A0It =
sounds<br>
like you are still trying to merge records in Solr but this time using<br>
Solr Cell to somehow do this. =C2=A0Since SolrCell is a pipeline, I don&#39=
;t<br>
think you will find it easy to keep data from one job aligned with<br>
data from another. =C2=A0That&#39;s why I suggested just allowing both kind=
s of<br>
documents to be indexed as-is, and just making sure that you include a<br>
metadata reference to the main document in each.<br>
Karl<br>
On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 2:43 PM, Anupam Bhattacharya<br>
amb82@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt; The second option seems to be more useful as it will allow me add to a=
ny<br>
&gt; business logic.<br>
&gt; So similar to SOLR Cell (/update/extract) my new RequestHandler will b=
e<br>
&gt; added in solrconfig.xml which will do all the manipulations.<br>
&gt; Later, I need to get all field values into a temp variable by first<br=

&gt; searching by id in the lucene indexes and then add these values into t=
he<br>
&gt; incoming new field values list.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; So do you find this design appropriate and feasible ?<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Anupam<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 11:46 PM, Karl Wright &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:da=
ddywri@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">daddywri@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; Thanks - now I understand what you are trying to do more clearly.<=
br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; The Documentum connector is going to pick up the XML document and =
the<br>
&gt;&gt; PDF document as separate entities. =C2=A0Thus, they&#39;d also be =
indexed in<br>
&gt;&gt; Solr separately. =C2=A0So if we use that as a starting point, let&=
#39;s see<br>
&gt;&gt; where it might lead.<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; First, you&#39;d want each PDF document to have metadata that refe=
rs back<br>
&gt;&gt; to the XML parent document. =C2=A0I&#39;m not sure how easy it is =
to set up<br>
&gt;&gt; such a metadata reference in Documentum, but I vaguely recall ther=
e<br>
&gt;&gt; was indeed some such field. =C2=A0So let&#39;s presume you can get=
 that. =C2=A0Then,<br>
&gt;&gt; you&#39;d want to make sure your Solr schema included an &quot;XML=
 document&quot;<br>
&gt;&gt; field, which had the URL of the parent XML document (or, for XML<b=
r>
&gt;&gt; documents, the document&#39;s own URL) as content. =C2=A0That woul=
d be the ID<br>
&gt;&gt; you&#39;d use to present a result item to a user.<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; Does this sound reasonable so far?<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; The only other piece you might need is manipulation of either the<=
br>
&gt;&gt; PDF&#39;s metadata, or the XML document&#39;s metadata, or both. =
=C2=A0For that,<br>
&gt;&gt; I&#39;d use Solr Cell to perform whatever mappings and manipulatio=
ns made<br>
&gt;&gt; sense before the documents actually get indexed.<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; Karl<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 2:03 PM, Anupam Bhattacharya<br>
&gt;&gt; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:anupamb82@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">anupa=
mb82@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt; I would have been happy if=C2=A0 I had to index PDF and XML s=
eparately.<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt; But for my use-case. XML is the main document containing bibl=
iographic<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt; information (which needs to presented as search result) and c=
onsists a<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt; reference to a child/supporting document which is a actual PD=
F file. I<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt; need<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt; to index the PDF text and if any search matches with the PDF =
content<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt; then<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt; the parent/XML bibliographic information needs to be presente=
d.<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt; I am trying to call the SOLR search engine with one single qu=
ery to show<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt; corresponding XML detail for a search term present in the PDF=
. I checked<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt; that from SOLR 4.x version SOLR-Join Plugin is introduced.<br=

&gt;&gt; &gt; (<a href=3D"http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Join" target=3D"_blan=
k">http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Join</a>) but work like inner query.<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt; Again the main requirement is that the PDF should be searchab=
le but it<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt; master details from XML should only be presented to request t=
he actual<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt; PDF.<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt; -Anupam<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt; On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 11:06 PM, Karl Wright &lt;<a href=3D"=
mailto:daddywri@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">daddywri@gmail.com</a>&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt; wrote:<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; This doesn&#39;t sound like a problem a connector can sol=
ve. =C2=A0The problem<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; sounds like severe misuse of Solr/Lucene to me. =C2=A0You=
 are using the<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; wrong document key and Lucene does not let you modify a d=
ocument index<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; once it is created, and no matter what you do to Manifold=
CF it can&#39;t<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; get around that restriction. =C2=A0So it sounds like you =
need to<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; fundamentally rethink your design.<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; If all you want to do is index XML and PDF as separate do=
cuments, just<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; change your Solr output connection specification to chang=
e the<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; selected &quot;id&quot; field appropriately. =C2=A0Then, =
BOTH documents will be<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; indexed by Solr, each with different metadata as you orig=
inally<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; specified. =C2=A0I&#39;m frankly having a really hard tim=
e seeing why this is<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; so hard.<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; Karl<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 1:26 PM, Anupam Bhattacharya<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:anupamb82@gmail.com" target=3D"_bla=
nk">anupamb82@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; Should I write a new Documentum Connector with our s=
pecific use-case<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; to<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; go<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; forward ?<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; I guess your book will be helpful to understand conn=
ector framework<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; in<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; manifoldcf.<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 7:02 PM, Karl Wright &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:daddywri@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">daddywri@gmail.com</a>=
&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; wrote:<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; Right, LUCENE never did allow you to modify a do=
cument&#39;s indexes,<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; only<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; replace them. =C2=A0What I&#39;m trying to tell =
you is that there is no<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; reason<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; to have the same document ID for both documents.=
 =C2=A0ManifoldCF will<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; support treating the XML document and PDF docume=
nt as different<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; documents in Solr. =C2=A0But if you want them to=
 in fact be the same<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; document, just combined in some way, neither Man=
ifoldCF nor Lucene<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; will support that at this time.<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; Karl<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 9:09 AM, Anupam Bhattach=
arya<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:anupamb82@gmail.com" targe=
t=3D"_blank">anupamb82@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; I saw that the index getting created by 1st=
 PDF indexing job which<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; worked<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; perfectly well for a particular id. Later w=
hen i ran the 2nd XML<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; indexing<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; Job for the same id. I lost all field index=
ed by the 1st job and i<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; was<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; left<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; out with field indexes created my this 2nd =
job.<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; I thought that it would combine field value=
s for a specified doc<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; id.<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; As per Lucene developers they mention that =
by design Lucene<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; doesn&#39;t<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; support<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; this.<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; Pls. see following url ::<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; <a href=3D"https://issues.apache.org/jira/b=
rowse/LUCENE-3837" target=3D"_blank">https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/=
LUCENE-3837</a><br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; -Anupam<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 6:15 PM, Karl Wrigh=
t &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:daddywri@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">daddywri@gmai=
l.com</a>&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; wrote:<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; The Solr handler that you are using sho=
uld not matter here.<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; Can you look at the Simple History repo=
rt, and do the following:<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; - Look for a document that is being ind=
exed in both PDF and XML.<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; - Find the &quot;ingestion&quot; activi=
ty for that document for both PDF<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; and<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; XML<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; - Compare the ID&#39;s (which for the i=
ngestion activity are the<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; URL&#39;s<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; of<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; the documents in Webtop)<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; If the URLs are in fact different, then=
 you should be able to<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; make<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; this work. =C2=A0You need to look at ho=
w you configured your Solr<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; instance,<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; and which fields you are specifying in =
your Solr output<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; connection.<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; You want those Webtop urls to be indexe=
d as the unique document<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; identifier in Solr, not some other ID.<=
br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; Thanks,<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; Karl<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 7:19 AM, Anupam=
 Bhattacharya<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:anupamb82@gmail.c=
om" target=3D"_blank">anupamb82@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; Today I ran 2 job one by one but i=
t seems since we are using<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; /update/extract Request Handler th=
e field values for common id<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; gets<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; overridden by the latest job. I wa=
nt to update certain field in<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; the<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; lucene indexes for the doc rather =
than completely update with<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; new<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; values and by loosing other field =
value entries.<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 11:13 PM, =
Karl Wright<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:daddywri@gma=
il.com" target=3D"_blank">daddywri@gmail.com</a>&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; wrote:<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; For Documentum, content length=
 is in bytes, I believe. =C2=A0It<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; does<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; not<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; set the length, it filters out=
 all documents greater than the<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; specified length. =C2=A0Leavin=
g the field blank will perform no<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; filtering.<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; Document types in Documentum a=
re specified by mime type, so<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; you&#39;d<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; want<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; to select all that apply. =C2=
=A0The actual one used will depend on<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; how<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; your<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; particular instance of Documen=
tum is configured, but if you<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; pick<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; them<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; all you should have no problem=
.<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; Karl<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 1:39 P=
M, Anupam Bhattacharya<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:anupamb8=
2@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">anupamb82@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; Thanks!! Seems from your e=
xplanation that i can update same<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; documents<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; other<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; field values. I inquired a=
bout this because I have two<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; different<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; document<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; with a parent-child relati=
onship which needs to be indexed as<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; one<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; document<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; in lucene index.<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; As you must have understoo=
d by now that i am trying to do<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; this<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; for<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; Documentum CMS. I have see=
n the configuration screen for<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; setting<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; the<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; Content<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; length &amp; second for fi=
ltering document type. So my question<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; is<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; what<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; unit the<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; Content length accepts val=
ues (bit,bytes,KB,MB etc) &amp; whether<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; this<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; configuration set the leng=
ths for documents full text<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; indexing<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; ?.<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; Additionally to scan only =
one kind of document e.g PDF what<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; should<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; be<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; added<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; to filter those documents?=
 is it application/pdf OR PDF ?<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; Regards<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; Anupam<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 10=
:55 PM, Karl Wright<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:dadd=
ywri@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">daddywri@gmail.com</a>&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; The document key in So=
lr is the url of the document, as<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; constructed<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; by<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; the connector you are =
using. =C2=A0If you are using the same<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; document<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; to<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; construct two differen=
t Solr documents, ManifoldCF by<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; definition<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; cannot be aware of thi=
s. =C2=A0But if these are different files<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; from<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; the<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; point of view of Manif=
oldCF they will have different URLs<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; and<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; be<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; treated differently. =
=C2=A0The jobs can overlap in this case with<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; no<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; difficulty.<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Karl<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 a=
t 1:08 PM, Anupam Bhattacharya<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:=
anupamb82@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">anupamb82@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<b=
r>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; &gt; I want to configu=
re two jobs to index in SOLR using<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; &gt; ManifoldCF<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; &gt; using<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; &gt; /extract/update r=
equestHandler.<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; &gt; 1st to synchroniz=
e only XML files &amp; 2nd to synchronize the<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; &gt; PDF<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; &gt; file.<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; &gt; If both these doc=
ument share a unique id. Can i combine<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; &gt; the<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; &gt; indexes<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; &gt; for<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; &gt; both<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; &gt; in 1 SOLR schema =
without overriding the details added by<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; &gt; previous<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; &gt; job.<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; &gt; suppose,<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; &gt; =C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=
=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 xmldoc indexes field0(id), field1, field2, field3<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; &gt; &amp; =C2=A0=C2=
=A0 pdfdoc indexes field0(id), field4, field5, field6.<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; &gt; Output docindex =
=3D=3D&gt; (xml+pdf doc), field0(id), field1,<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; &gt; field2,<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; &gt; field3,<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; &gt; field4, field5, f=
ield6<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; &gt; Regards<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; &gt; Anupam<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; --<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; Thanks &amp; Regards<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; Anupam Bhattacharya<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;<br>
[...]