manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Running 2 jobs to update same document Index but different fields
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2012 13:32:22 GMT
Right, LUCENE never did allow you to modify a document's indexes, only
replace them.  What I'm trying to tell you is that there is no reason
to have the same document ID for both documents.  ManifoldCF will
support treating the XML document and PDF document as different
documents in Solr.  But if you want them to in fact be the same
document, just combined in some way, neither ManifoldCF nor Lucene
will support that at this time.

Karl