manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Marcus Kröller <kroel...@igd-r.fraunhofer.de>
Subject manifoldcf 0.5 from Windows Dev machine to Debian Server
Date Wed, 09 May 2012 10:14:35 GMT
Hello everybody,

for searching internal resources (MySQL DBs, Wiki, Filesystem, own JDBC
based connector) we have created a ManifoldCF and Solr instance (0.5 and
3.4). "Development" happened on Windows (7) machines and everything is
running as desired.
Now I am facing the challenge of getting it all to run on a Debian Server
with a Tomcat6 and PGSQl 8.4 on the same machine. Configuration paths
should be adjusted properly. The webapps and the agent start individually.
We are using scripts calling the JAVA command API as well as the servlet
API via curl (easier for connection/job creation using json files) to
initialise DB, register Agent, connectors, connections etc. (which have
been translated to bash including EOL characters).

The problem is: following the script the servlet API does not respond and
the Crawler UI hangs on the empty template when requesting any of the lists
(Connections, Jobs, etc.). When restoring a database dump from the Windows
machine these lists are accessible but starting the Agent process leads to
the same non reacting behavior.
I imagine I am facing permission issues for the synch directory but was
unable to find documentation or similar issues and I would unfortunately
not consider myself a Linux professional.

Any input would be highly appreciated.

Regards and thank you,

Marcus Kröller

Student Research Assistant - Fraunhofer IGD Rostock