manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Rene Nederhand <r...@nederhand.net>
Subject Crawling behind an ISA proxy (iis 7.5)
Date Fri, 11 May 2012 14:13:34 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to get ManifoldCF crawl our electronic learning
environment (Blackboard). To enable single sign-on, our institution
has placed an ISA server as proxy before Blackboard.
This is giving me a lot of problems.

I've managed to get passed the ISA server using session based
authentication, but then I am stuck at a 401 error message. According
to our architect, ISA is responsible for the communication with
Blackboard and will set a cookie so Blackboard will know it a
legitimate user is accessing its service. I think, ManifoldCF is not
able to handle this cookie and hence is not able to access Blackboard.
Am I right? If so, is there a possibility to get Blackboard indexed?

By the way, the same authentication is used for our Sharepoint. I
would like to index this as well....

Any help on solving this problem is appreciated.

Cheers,

René