manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From <pankaj.pand...@wipro.com>
Subject RE: How to fix: Error: Unexpected jobqueue status
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2013 08:08:06 GMT
Hi Karl,

We are using PostgreSQL. It took us a while to find some workaround for same. We are running
the server on Windows 7 and when we run the job it pushes our CPU utilization to 100%. Even,
when we re-run the job, it used to complete successfully after 8-10 runs. Later on, when we
decreased the throttling to 5 from 10, it used to complete properly in sometimes in 2-3 runs.
So, for the safer side, for now we have maintained the throttling for Solr Output connector
to 2.

My guess is it could be because of some issue with PostgreSQL database, I may need to do some
tweaks to the db settings. But because of the time crunch, didn't get to look further into
the issue and have been using it like that for now.

-Pankaj

From: Karl Wright [mailto:daddywri@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 03, 2013 12:43 PM
To: user@manifoldcf.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to fix: Error: Unexpected jobqueue status

The reason I don't think this is the correct explanation is because the error itself indicates
that two threads appear to be working on the same document at the same time.  That's not supposed
to be possible, because there is only one thread that queues documents for processing, and
there is only one thread it can hand the document to.  When the thread that is supposed to
be handling the document finishes with it, it finds that some other thread has been there
first and already updated the document's status in the database.

See CONNECTORS-590 for more detail.
My current theory is that this happens ONLY on MySQL - which is known to have transactional
integrity bugs.  If you are seeing this on PostgreSQL, I would really want to know that.
Thanks,
Karl

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 3:02 AM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com<mailto:daddywri@gmail.com>>