manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Seed File?
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2013 15:11:14 GMT
Hi Rick,

The web connector is not designed to discover documents unless you either
provide URLs to all of them (as seeds), or you provide a seed which is in
fact a document that points to them all.  You can use the RSS connector for
a similar purpose - which is better for some, because there is often
software available that will generate an RSS feed automatically.  But in
this case I wonder why you don't just use the Windows Share Connector for
all of your documents?  Neither the RSS nor the Web connector have any
notion of security...

Karl