manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: ElasticSearch Mappings Question
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2013 14:25:34 GMT
Hi Hermo,
The mapping is determined by the elasticsearch connector. As of this
time, there is no way to change it other than to change the connector
code.

If you want such a feature, please create a jira ticket describing what
you think the connector should be able to do.

Thanks,
Karl

Sent from my Windows Phone
From: Hermo
Sent: 7/12/2013 9:30 AM
To: user@manifoldcf.apache.org
Subject: ElasticSearch Mappings Question
Hi,

I have the following scenario:

I configured a Job with a Windows Share repository connector, and an
ElasticSearch output connector.

It seems that, when a file in the share is crawled, it is ingested in
ElasticSearch with a very specific mapping as follows:
"myindex" is the name of the index and "docs" is the type.

{
 "myindex" : {
   "docs" : {
     "properties" : {
       "_content_type" : {
         "type" : "string"
       },
       "_name" : {
         "type" : "string"
       },
       "allow_token_document" : {
         "type" : "string"
       },
       "allow_token_share" : {
         "type" : "string"
       },
       "deny_token_document" : {
         "type" : "string"
       },
       "deny_token_share" : {
         "type" : "string"
       },
       "file" : {
         "type" : "string"
       },
       "lastModified" : {
         "type" : "string"
       },
       "type" : {
         "type" : "string"
       }
     }
   }
 }
}

I have the following questions:
1) What determines this mapping: The repository connector (in above
scenario the windows share connector), or the ElasticSearch connector?
2) Is there a way that I could specify my own mapping, for example I
would like to map the _name property to something different like
_productname. Where would be the correct place to do this?

Looking forward to any help and suggestions.

Regards,
Hermo Terblanche