manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From "Christian M. Rieck" <christian.ri...@comperiosearch.com>
Subject RE: Sharepoint claim space authentication
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2013 07:45:50 GMT
> There may be a SharePoint application log we could use instead - but I have no idea how
to access such a thing.  I'll see if Google can tell me.

In SharePoint 2010 it is common to write to the ULS logs*. This also lets you control the
log-level through central admin. Check out http://www.parago.de/2011/01/how-to-implement-a-custom-sharepoint-2010-logging-service-for-uls-and-windows-event-log/
and http://dbremes.wordpress.com/2010/09/02/using-sharepoint-2010s-logging-infrastructure-part-2/
, they should explain it. I skipped the Event-log and registry parts for my implementation,
only writing to ULS (what they call trace log)

(Note that I have no knowledge of the plugin being discussed here and may give an answer to
a question nobody really asked..)

Christian.