manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Hermo <hermo.terblan...@euroling.se>
Subject ElasticSearch Mappings Question
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2013 13:29:52 GMT
Hi,

I have the following scenario:

I configured a Job with a Windows Share repository connector, and an ElasticSearch output
connector.

It seems that, when a file in the share is crawled, it is ingested in ElasticSearch with a
very specific mapping as follows:
"myindex" is the name of the index and "docs" is the type.

{
 "myindex" : {
   "docs" : {
     "properties" : {
       "_content_type" : {
         "type" : "string"
       },
       "_name" : {
         "type" : "string"
       },
       "allow_token_document" : {
         "type" : "string"
       },
       "allow_token_share" : {
         "type" : "string"
       },
       "deny_token_document" : {
         "type" : "string"
       },
       "deny_token_share" : {
         "type" : "string"
       },
       "file" : {
         "type" : "string"
       },
       "lastModified" : {
         "type" : "string"
       },
       "type" : {
         "type" : "string"
       }
     }
   }
 }
}

I have the following questions:
1) What determines this mapping: The repository connector (in above scenario the windows share
connector), or the ElasticSearch connector?
2) Is there a way that I could specify my own mapping, for example I would like to map the
_name property to something different like _productname. Where would be the correct place
to do this?

Looking forward to any help and suggestions.

Regards,
Hermo Terblanche