manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sharepoint claim space authentication
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2013 01:13:46 GMT
Hi Will,

I made the logging change.  Can you try it out?  This is how:

(1) Check out the branch onto your Windows development system:

svn co
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/manifoldcf/integration/sharepoint-2010/branches/CONNECTORS-758

(2) Read the README.txt file, and make sure you have all the necessary
dependencies installed appropriately, especially the sharepoint assembly.

(3) Build, using "ant build".

(4) Install your newly-built MCPermissions web service (using the
dist\update.bat script)

Then, try it out, and please let me know if it logs anything to the trace
log, etc.

Thanks!
Karl

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 7:31 PM, Will Parkinson <parkinson.will@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Karl,
>
> I was talking to the Sharepoint administrator last night and he would also
> prefer the logs entries to be written to the trace logs.  If you had the
> time to build a Sharepoint plugin for 2010 that would be fantastic.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Will
>

> On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 10:04 PM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Using the trace log may well work for us.  I've created a ticket for this
>> work: CONNECTORS-758.  Will, do you have anything further to report on
>> logging research?  Should I build a trial SharePoint 2010 plugin for you to
>> explore in your environment?
>>
>> Karl
>>

>> On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 9:21 PM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> The link provided looks pretty helpful.  But it is also tricky enough
>>> that I would not want to be changing the log output with a SharePoint
>>> system available to try it all out on.  Specifically, you need to write a
>>> feature handler to register the appropriate log category; I'm not sure how
>>> to integrate that with the current package properly.
>>>
>>> Karl

they should explain it. I skipped the Event-log and registry parts for my