manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Disabling login on ManifoldCF 1.3
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2013 08:31:56 GMT
Hi Matt,

Unfortunately, this is not so simple.  The reason for the login is twofold:
Access security, but also because the ManifoldCF UI now keeps sensitive
information (existing passwords) in session variables.  See
CONNECTORS-737.  So, when a session expires, all bets are off and the user
is going to have to get redirected to the login page, so they know that
their session is lost.  Therefore, the basic UI flow must now be what it is.

If you can think of clever way to disable login without changing the UI
flow, please open a ticket and request an enhancement, including your
idea.  It would have to be something pretty lame - perhaps instead of
requesting credentials, there's just a link or button you can click that
says "Proceed to UI".

Karl