Hi Adrian,

Jcifs is one of the connectors that must find changes mainly by discovery, so it does not do much better with a minimal crawl.  A higher priority won't help much either for similar reasons.  How do propose quickly finding the changed documents?  That is where the problem lies.

Karl

Sent from my Windows Phone

From: Adrian Conlon
Sent: 8/16/2013 5:53 AM
To: user@manifoldcf.apache.org
Subject: RE: Pushing extra items into an index (outside normal crawl job)

Thanks Karl,

That’s an interesting thought.  So if I’ve understood what you’re saying correctly, I could create a temporary job, set the priority to one, start it, and that’s it?  Individual job queues are effectively handled separately?  There might be a number of temporary jobs on the go at any time, I guess, since they couldn’t be deleted until the job has finished.  Do you think that would be an issue?  In any event, that’s given me food for thought, so I’ll take a look on that basis.

With regards your second thought.  I had high hopes for a minimal job run, but they seem to take almost as long as a full job run.  I haven’t really sat down and worked out timings, but a speed up of about 10% on a reasonably sized (400,000 documents or so) JCIFS repository was all I saw.  Is that what you’d expect?

Adrian